Mu Home Value Button

Archive for the 'COMMUNITY' Category

Soles4Souls – Tahoe City continues to have donation boxes throughout the community

Toni Smith said on March 4th, 2012 filed under: COMMUNITY, LOCAL BUSINESS, LOCAL NEWS

We just went around to the donation boxes that are placed in the community and I was glad to see the amount of shoes that were donated. Its good to know that these shoes are going to be passed along to someone who needs them instead of ending up in the land fill. Thank you all once again for making this event a success.

Soles4souls Tahoe City

Favorite Pair of the Week

For location of all the donation boxes placed in the community, please read this past blog.

To read more about Soles4Souls click here

posted by // No Comments »

Transportation around Lake Tahoe

Toni Smith said on February 16th, 2012 filed under: COMMUNITY, LOCAL AREA PHOTOS, LOCAL BUSINESS

Tahoe City Bus stops are especially nice in the winter.

TahoeCityBusStop

The Northshore of Lake Tahoe has some of the nicest bus stops I have ever seen. This is a great place for people to wait for the bus and be protected from the weather. Although this winter has been pretty mild.

The transit system around the lake has some great options.

Check their website for the latest updates: Lake Tahoe Transit

Would you like to plan a trip to Lake Tahoe: Contact Paul for information.

posted by // 1 Comment »

Soles4Souls Collection Box back at Asante’ Lakeside Fitness Tahoe City

Paul Smith said on January 19th, 2012 filed under: ACTIVITIES, COMMUNITY, LOCAL BUSINESS, LOCAL NEWS

If you have dropped off shoes in the past at Asante’ Lakeside Fitness, located at 850 North Lake Blvd, Thank you very much!

A new collection box has been placed at Asante again through the month of February.

If you would like to know what Soles4Souls is please read on.

Soles4Souls is an organization that collects shoes for the needy. According to Soles4Souls they have distributed product to people in need in over 125 counties on 5 continents.  The organization has given away over 12 Million pairs of shoes through its five year history, currently delivering a pair every seven seconds.

For a list of additional collection box locations  please read my past blog.

Soles4souls Tahoe City, ca

Hiking from the Tahoe Cross Country Ski Area

Paul Smith said on December 30th, 2011 filed under: ACTIVITIES, COMMUNITY, LOCAL AREA PHOTOS, LOCAL NEWS

Still no snow at the Tahoe Cross Country Ski Area.

TahoeRimTrail

Due to the fact that we are still waiting for snow, I took a hike starting at the Tahoe Cross Country Ski Area.

It’s amazing what you can see in a short two hour hike.

posted by // 1 Comment »

New Location for Soles4Souls Shoe Collection Truckee

Paul Smith said on December 14th, 2011 filed under: ACTIVITIES, COMMUNITY, EVENTS, LOCAL BUSINESS, LOCAL NEWS

With the change of address for the Truckee Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate Office, came a change of Soles4Souls Box Location. The new address is 10800 Donner Pass Rd. Downtown Historic Truckee

If this is the first time you have read my post on Soles4Souls here is a little background about this organization.

Soles4Souls collects new shoes to give relief to the victims of abject suffering and collects used shoes to support micro-business efforts to eradicate poverty.  Soles4Souls’ other two divisions, Clothes4Souls and Hope4Souls, provide the same relief and support through clothing and other necessities.

Read the rest of this entry »

©2010. Better Homes and Gardens® Real Estate is a registered trademark of Meredith Corporation licensed to Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate LLC. Equal Opportunity Company. Equal Housing Opportunity. Each Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate® Franchise is Independently Owned and Operated.
Site Map
Custom Link Site Map